Monday, September 12, 2011

Singledom from his point....

One day I had woken up in the middle of the night with a migraine. I promptly popped some meds and called into work, letting them know I may or may not be in.

The pills finally kicked in and I got some sleep. I was able to amble into work at 10 am. I put in a sick leave request, which was approved by my supervisor.

However later in the afternoon, he came to me and said I didn't need to put in a request, I could just "Stay late, because you are single, and doesn't matter if you are late."

Ok first off, I'm not single, I just don't happen to currently live in the same city as my boyfriend. And secondly, since when does someone's time become less valuable because they are single?

Single or not, I don't want to be at work until 6 pm on any given day. I have much more interesting things I'd rather do, like blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment