Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wrong Number

When I first moved here, I had to change cell numbers (obvious to a move yes). Quickly after getting my new number, I began to get a number of phone calls while I was at work. However since my job is very Go-Go-Go, I normally keep my cell on silent as I don't have time for chit-chat.

However one day I did happen to notice the phone light-up for a call, so I answered it... why oh why??

I had an Indian accented man on the phone (picture Russell Peters making fun of his Dad), asking me where I was.

Well I knew that this person had the wrong number, and told him so. You'd think problem solved. But no, that's not how things work for me.

Guy starts telling me that he had gone to the American Embassy, however they would not allow him into the building with his wrapped package (geez dude, wonder why not?!). Upset, the cabbie offered a solution, leave the package with him, and he would return to the Embassy when this guy was done with the parcel.

All the guy had to do was call this cabby's personal cell number... which turned out to be my number. The guy totally though I was lying, that I was trying to steal his parcel. Took me 5 min to get him to understand that I had no idea what he was talking about and he had the wrong person and to call the cab company the car came from.

Meanwhile I'm thinking, wholly crap, I really do NOT want to caught in the middle of a conversation about Embassies, mysterious packages and strangers. Next thing I know I'll have my cubical stormed by Secret Agents and I'll never be heard from again!

No comments:

Post a Comment